Not to worry, if you have photos, post them over on the TPD Facebook page & on December 15, I'll do a draw & someone will win the $100 bonus prize. In the meantime, check out Lula touring our awesome city!
It's time for some serious fun everybody! I'm taking a break from the usual photo contests, and instead have come up with a contest that is sure to be a blast for both people and poochies! Best of all, the prize is bigger than ever. This time, as there's more effort on your part, the rewards are even greater. The winner of The Toronto Pet Daily "Scavenger Hunt For Hounds" will take home $500.00 CASH (and what great timing to help you spread some holiday cheer), in addition to an awesome photo session from Pawsitive Exposure Pet Photography!!
Pawsitive Exposure Pet Photography is excited provide Toronto Pet Daily with a : one-hour, on-site session (within the GTA, including York, Durham and Peel Regions) for up to two pets, with one framed 8 x 10 image. The value of this package is $200, and is valid until December 15, 2012.
There you go, a prize worth $700, and you just need to explore a little!
So what do you need? One camera, some free time, and some good sneakers! It's a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with your doggy, tour the city, and help out various amazing charities as we near the holiday season. Below is a list of the photos you need to collect and submission instructions, and at the bottom you'll find the link to download your checklist.
Have a blast, and get to work!!
The Toronto Pet Daily 2011 “Scavenger Hunt For Hounds” Checklist :
- Make sure to check off each item after you have taken your photo!
- Write your points in the space provided. ***Remember, some tasks are worth more points.
- When you feel as though you’ve completed as many tasks as you pawssibly can, upload your photos to the Toronto Pet Daily Facebook page : www.facebook.com/thetorontopetdaily
- **Remember, you can choose to upload your images at any time throughout the competition, so long as all your images are uploaded by 9:00 AM on December 15, 2011. Of course, the first individual to post all 15 photos between now and then will win the hunt!
1. A picture of your dog on Santa’s lap (2 points)
2. A picture of your dog at the CN Tower (2 points)
3. A picture of your dog donating a toy at a CP24 Chum Christmas Wish bin (1 point per gift, to a maximum of 5 points) **The charity drive begins on November 20 at most RBC Royal Bank branches
4. A picture of your dog riding the TTC (bus/subway/streetcar) (3 points)
5. A picture of your dog dressed in a warm winter sweater (1 point)
6. A picture of your dog and Mayor Rob Ford together in the same frame (3 points, add 4 points if the mayor is posing with your dog)
7. A picture of your dog next to someone with a “Movember” moustache (2 points)
8. A picture of your dog and anything “Toronto Maple Leafs” related in the same frame (2 points)
9. A picture with five dogs in the same frame (2 points, and an extra point for each additional dog in the photo, to a maximum of ten dogs) **For example, the highest you can score is 7 points, with ten dogs in the picture.
10. A picture of your dog donating perishable food items to the Daily Bread Food Bank, at any Toronto fire hall (1 point per item, to a maximum of 5 items)
11. A picture of your dog helping you decorate your home for the holidays (2 points)
12. A picture of your dog in front of either the Art Gallery of Ontario, or the Royal Ontario Museum (2 points)
13. A picture of your dog purchasing a poppy from a veteran (3 points)
14. A picture of your dog in his or her best outfit (2 points)
15. A picture of your dog with any Canadian celebrity (5 points)
Total points (maximum 50)
The first individual to complete all tasks and upload all 15 images to Facebook will win the “Scavenger Hunt For Hounds”!
If no individual completes all tasks, the individual with the most points will be deemed the winner. If there is a tie, a draw will be held and one of those individuals will win the prize.
***While you can have your friends help you and work as a "team", you must have the same dog represented in each picture to qualify (for example, someone can "borrow" your pooch).