After two years of blogging and some serious reflection, I realize that I haven't used my blog as my own personal soap box, as so many bloggers do. Sure, I've posted my opinions on certain issues,(especially ones I feel are important), but I've yet to offer a post of things I need to get off my chest. With that said, here's the latest column from The TPD. Let me share with you my latest pet peeves, and what better way to do so than in list form (I hear people like lists.........lists and online cat videos)! In no particular ranking, it's time to vent :
1. Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) - Isn't it time that we finally accept the fact that the term should be changed to Owner Specific Legislation (OSL)? Either that or, Idiot Punks Who Think That Getting A "Tough" Dog And Then Training Said Dog To Be A Dangerous Weapon Hoping That Suddenly Their Miniscule Genitalia Will Magically Increase In Size Specific Legislation (IPWTTGATDATTSDTBADWHTSTMGWMIISSL)?
2. People Who Name Their Dog After The Breed Of Their Dog : I kid you not, I once met someone who named their Daschund, "Daschund".
3. Poop police : Have you ever had someone in the park yell at you and point to where your dog is going number 2? Have you ever had that happen and all the while they're yelling at you, their dog happens to be doing the exact same thing and they aren't noticing? I know, I hate people too.
4. Poor Flexi Leash Use :
Here's what these awesome leashes are for : Giving your pooch a little extra room to roam on walks.
Here is what they are not for : Extending and locking the leash on its maximum length, and then simply dropping the leash on the ground so the dog can run around the park, all the while entangling other pooches in the process.
5. People who treat jumping as a perfectly normal behaviour :
Them : "Awwwww, that's just his way of telling you he likes you!"
Me : "Stop talking."
6. "Dog On Board" Car Decals : Do you really think that those drivers who couldn't care less about a "BABY On Board" decal are going to alter their driving techniques for this one?
7. Lipstick : There is no acceptable time to see such a thing. I don't even think girl dogs find it all that attractive. I can't even believe boy dogs have such ugly things attached to their bodies. How embarrassing.
Wow, that really helped. Do you have a pet peeve you'd like to share before you explode? Comment below or head on over to the TPD Facebook page. You'll feel better, I promise!